Dear ICC7 attendant, the journal Cerâmica (ISSN 1678-4553, www.scielo.br/ce) will publish a special issue (online version) with the full papers presented at ICC7 and approved by the peer reviewers (see note 1). This special issue is expected to be published by February 2019.
Note 1: An article processing charge (APC) of US$ 150 (R$ 500 for Brazilians) will be charged to the authors. Half of this value (US$ 75 / R$ 250) will be deposited for paper submission (NO REFUND in case of paper not accepted), and the other half (US$ 75 / R$ 250) after acceptance for publishing, if this is the case.
DEADLINE FOR PAPER SUBMISSION: AUGUST 31, 2018
Payment of APC
Send a copy of the APC receipt to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the title of the paper.
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
Contributors should submit their papers at: https://mc04.manuscriptcentral.com/ce-scielo.
Note 2: Once in the ScholarOne submission system (https://mc04.manuscriptcentral.com/ce-scielo), in Step 1, Type, select the option ICC7.
Note 3: In Step 6, Cover Letter field, indicate the reference number of the paper presented in ICC7.
All manuscripts should be written in good English*:
• Written with MSWord text editor (.doc or .docx) in English**, in A4 paper format with margins 1.5 cm above and below, 2.5 cm on the left and 1.5 cm on the right. Use one column and single spacing with font Times New Roman 10, no special formatting. Maximum length: 10 formatted pages.
• Submitted through the URL: https://mc04.manuscriptcentral.com/ce-scielo.
• Research articles with original results should contain: title, author’s names, affiliation, address, email, abstract (maximum 150 words), keywords (at least two), text in the following order: Introduction (objectives should be inserted at the end of this section); Experimental (or Materials and Methods); Results and Discussion (or Results, Discussion); Conclusions (should be succinct; avoid citing references in this section); Nomenclature or equivalent (if necessary); Acknowledgments (if necessary); Appendices (if necessary); References. Do not use footnotes.
• Review articles should contain: title in English, author’s names, affiliation, address, email, abstract (maximum 150 words), keywords (at least two), text in the following order: Introduction (objectives should be inserted at the end of this section); sections with various subheadings; Conclusions or Final Comments (should be succinct; avoid citing references in this section); Acknowledgments (if pertinent); Appendices (if necessary); References. Do not use footnotes.
• TABLES should be numbered sequentially with Roman numerals, with captions in the upper part; the tables must be editable (prepared with MSWord) and inserted in the text (tables should not have special formatting, such as colors and shading) and should preferably have three horizontal lines, as in the example:
Table I - Characterization results for the sintered samples.
• FIGURES should be numbered sequentially with Arabic numerals, with lower captions, and preferably inserted in the text. Illustrations (graphics, drawings, photos, micrographs) should have good contrast, and uniform lettering and sizing, sufficient to allow reading after reduction (illustrations will be published with a width of up to 8 cm). Any scale markers should be inserted on micrographs.
• EQUATIONS should be indicated, and referred to in the text, by capital letters in parentheses, as shown below:
• REFERENCES should be numbered sequentially, in the order of citation in the text (with Arabic numerals, in brackets), and listed at the end of the paper. Avoid citing names of authors in the text - just indicate the number (e.g. ). References should not be linked (cross-referenced) to text. Avoid referencing web sites, master dissertations and doctoral theses. Instead, refer to the journals in which the contents of dissertation and thesis were published. Do not use “et al.” in the descriptions of the references (include names of all authors). Examples:
 R. Muccillo, E.N.S. Muccillo, J. Eur. Ceram. Soc. 34, 4 (2014) 915.
 J.S. Reed, Principles of ceramics processing, John Wiley, New York, USA (1995) 254.
 M.A.F.N. Freitas, T.F. Silva, J.M. Assaf, R.H.G.A. Kiminami, Proc. 2nd Global Congress on Microwave Energy Applications, Eds. R.L. Schulz, D.C. Folz, Microwave Working Group, Long Beach, USA (2013) 451.
* - The paper submitted with no acceptable English will be reject.
** - This special issue will be fully published in English (it is not necessary to include the Portuguese version of the title, abstract, keywords and captions of figures and tables).
• Register all authors of the paper on the ScholarOne platform (all authors must give consent for paper submission);
• It is necessary to include Orcid ID of the corresponding author. You can get your ORCID ID by https://orcid.org/
• Indicate at least two potential reviewers for the paper, with no conflicts of interest with the authors (e.g., no family relationship, advisor/advised or joint participation in recent projects or publications, not from the authors’ institutions).
A pdf file of the published paper will be sent to the corresponding author.